Monday, January 19, 2015

The 'What Do' of Changing How You Eat: (Smeeps Crosspost)

For better or for worse, I actually have another blog running side by side (as it were) with this one. It's called Scribbles and Meeps, and it's a less structured blog- I use it kind of as a way to get ideas, questions and general thought processes out of my crowded brain. Indirectly, I use Scribbles and Meeps (Smeeps? Yea, alright)to explore my lack of knowledge on a subject, or to air the questions I have about life in general to the internet world, whether people actually look at it or not.

For awhile now, I've been trying to plan my food for the week ahead of time, and do shopping and cooking and all that jazz.
I have, for the most part, been unsuccessful. Today, on that theme, I found myself writing a post about the difficulties of changing the way you approach food when you frankly have no idea what the hell you're talking about. It occurred to me that this post - surprise- is health related! So, I figure this is a great time to exercise my right to cross post.

The post can be found here.

You want a quote? Well, I thought you'd never ask!

"I, like many people in the world, eat too much junk. I eat out too much, and my food choices need a serious overhaul- I know this. I am aware of it every damn time my stomach gets mad at me after a bad choice, or when my mental energy is shot, or I'm hungry even though I JUST had a really heavy (and probably fattening) 'meal' not an hour and a half ago.

The thing is, I desperately want to change that, in the moments of clarity in the storm of chaos that encompasses life management when you have chronic health issues and a generally 'work in progress' life, I dream of healthier food choices and how they'd change things."

No comments:

Post a Comment