Friday, January 9, 2015

And the World Turns Over - A Step Forward and a Kick in the Pants

A New Year and a new start, and all that jazz. Have barely been able to get up and around for the past few weeks, thanks to new stomach and intestinal troubles (hooray).

This post is partially aimed at members of a community I've become somewhat active in. Since they may happen by, looking for an explanation I promised:

HI! Click here for the background story. Sorry it's long.

My living space continues to be a mess- the vicious cycle continues, and I continue to be effected by it- both mentally and physically.

Quite frankly, asking for help in situations like mine is embarrassing. It's humiliating to reach out and say:
"Look, because I've been having huge health issues, I've let my living space get so out of control that I can no longer handle cleaning it myself because the dust alone would be enough to cause an allergic reaction that would leave me down for the count."

But, I did it. I sucked it up and put up an ad, asking for someone to clean and sort things in a VERY messy room. I got answers, and one of them even sounded like a nice human being! Excited and nervous, I responded to her, and long story short, she's coming in 3 days!

Except...

Except that now, due to unforeseen expenses (which may or may not include a whopping $100 rent increase), I find myself in a bind. This is essential for so many reasons and NEEDS to be done, but I'm not sure how to come up with the fee without borrowing money from someone.

I really, REALLY don't want to borrow the money from someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment