Sunday, September 15, 2019

Aaand We're Back!

Audio of this post can be found HERE

Hello everyone!

It's been about 3 years since my last entry into this blog. Frankly, and possibly ironically, I find that the times that I'm struggling the most with my chronic health issues, and therefore have the most to say, are also the times that I least want to write about it.

Regardless, if you're reading this, I want to give you a quick update on my personal health situation, and then share some news about this blog and what to expect in the weeks - and hopefully months- to come.

On a personal note, the past few years have been rough, health-wise. I've had a few surgeries, way too many trips to urgent care and hospitals, and a new diagnosis. Throughout it all, of course, the thing that remained irritatingly constant was the eczema. I tried a few new treatments for that, too! But more on all of that later! On to the big reason that I'm writing this:

Someone recently said to me that it is human nature to fear what we do not understand. But I counter that that is an incomplete idea. It is human nature to fear what we do not understand- and that is what drives us to try to understand everything. We are curious creatures- we never like to be in the dark for long. In the spirit of that, I'm revamping Scritch to be an open exchange about chronic illness. I'll still be primarily focusing on my life with the chronic illnesses I struggle with- after all, that was the foundation of this blog, and I would never dream of writing for another group of people when I have no idea what they're going through. But I hope to tweak the structure to include a little more education and exchange of ideas, highlighting different views on symptom control and bettering quality of life. I'm pretty excited about this, and, even though the idea is still new, I hope once I can iron out how to do it, it can become something great.

If you're still reading this, thank you! I hope you'll continue to visit, and join me on this very uncertain journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment